About the Maintenance Coordinator Role
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Maintenance Coordinator will be responsible for completing facility updates, repairs, and renovations. The Unity Project’s building is currently closed, making it an ideal time to complete interior and exterior maintenance tasks. Working in a way that maintains a high level of health, safety, and security, the Maintenance Coordinator will also coordinate the work of sub-contractors to complete maintenance projects.
What We’re Looking for in a Maintenance Coordinator
The ideal candidate will be reliable, have a keen eye for detail, and have hands-on and technical knowledge related to general maintenance. The ideal candidate will also possess a high degree of interpersonal and organizational skills and work in alignment with the Unity Project’s values of respect, cooperation, interdependence, and compassion.
Maintenance Coordinator Responsibilities
The Maintenance Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Identify, prioritize, and respond to maintenance and repair requirements of facility interiors, exteriors, landscape, and grounds.
- Maintain equipment and supplies in working order and ensure all equipment is securely stored.
- Complete interior and exterior repair and renovation tasks (e.g. painting, fixing doors).
- Maintain fire protection systems and equipment.
- Prevent and respond to infestations.
- Ensure a high level of health and safety standards.
- Develop routine and preventative maintenance and facility management policies and procedures.
- Design and implement a facility maintenance checklist and schedule in collaboration with management.
- Maintain documentation for tracking maintenance and facility management tasks.
- Coordinate maintenance to appliances and structural, mechanical, and electrical systems.
- Assess, prioritize, and facilitate improvements to the facility and all equipment.
- Identify, purchase, and maintain equipment and supplies within the approved budget.
- Coordinate licensed professional where necessary to address maintenance and facility management needs.
Responsibilities and duties will vary to reflect the maintenance and facility management needs of the Unity Project.
Competencies, Skills, and Qualifications
- 1- 3 years of previous experience in maintenance or construction required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of facility management.
- Demonstrated skill in a wide range of maintenance and repair tasks.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and solve problems that may involve many components and competing priorities.
- Ability to be resourceful.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, and email.
- Access to a reliable vehicle.
- Certifications in maintenance and repairs will be considered assets.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Salary and Benefits
This is a 32-hour a week, 3-month contract position.
How To Apply
If you have an interest in the Maintenance Coordinator role and you think you’d be a good fit for our team, please send your resume and cover letter to Chuck Lazenby: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 24, 2020. Please use the subject line: Maintenance Coordinator Position.