During a Heat Alert, the following community centres will be available as cooling centres during regular operating hours.
- East Lions Community Centre located at 1731 Churchill Avenue
- North London Optimist Community Centre located at 1345 Cheapside Street.
- Canada Games Aquatic Centre located at 1045 Wonderland Road North
- South London Community Centre located at 1119 Jalna Boulevard.
It’s important to note that any City of London community centres can be used as cooling centres, when open, if Londoners need a reprieve from the heat.
The London Public Library Central Branch will also be available as a cooling space during extreme weather alerts:
- Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Saturday: 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.
The Central Branch is located at 251 Dundas Street.
Branch Library locations are open Tuesday – Saturday. Their hours can be found here.
- The Coordinated Informed Response program as part of their outreach will offer refreshments and snacks where needed
- London Cares Outreach will assist street involved individuals/families within the core area of London by providing water and access to shower facilities, in accessing cooling spaces or a place to get out of the heat and in going to an emergency shelter or resting space when alternate options are not available. Phone: 519-667-CARE (2273).
- Water fountains are available in Victoria Park, Gibbons Park, Springbank West Park, Pump House Park and the Springbank House.
- Spray Pads are open between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. daily. A list of spray pad activation features and locations can be found on our Aquatics page.
- Dundas Field House – located at 179 Dundas Street is open for washroom use.
- Youth Action Centre – will provide water and limited cooling space. Located at 322 Richmond Street, Monday to Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Phone – 519-432-1132 ext 101
- Ark Aid Street Mission – will provide water and limited cooling space. Offering Coffee House services at 371 Hamilton Road on Monday to Friday from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 11:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sundays. Phone 519-661-0280
- My Sisters Place – will provide water. Located at 566 Dundas Street, Monday to Friday, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 pm. and 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Weekends from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Phone – 519-679-9570 . Please note that My Sisters Place is women only.